The procedure for conducting fire drills shall be determined by the person who is responsible or in charge of the building, taking into consideration:
- the building occupancy and its fire hazards,
- the safety features provided in the building,
- the desirable degree of participation of occupants other than supervisory staff,
- the number and degree of experience of participating supervisory staff,
- the features of fire emergency systems installed in buildings within the scope of Subsection 3.2.6. (high rise buildings) of the British Columbia Building Code, and
- the requirements of the fire department.
Fire drills shall be held at intervals not greater than 12 months for the supervisory staff, except that:
- in day-care centres and in Group B major occupancies, such drills shall be held at intervals not greater than one month,
- in schools attended by children, total evacuation fire drills shall be held at least six (6) times in each school year, and
- in buildings within the scope of Subsection 3.2.6. of the British Columbia Building Code, such drills shall be held at intervals not greater than 2 months.