Update March 23, 2020: Due to the temporary closure of City Hall, burning permits will only be available on-line at mypittmeadows.com If you are having difficulties with the online burning permit application, please email email@example.com for assistance.
All outdoor burning on agricultural properties requires a permit and is governed by the City of Pitt Meadows Burning Regulation Bylaw No. 2688 which states:
- Open wood burning is not permitted at anytime, anywhere in urban areas in the City of Pitt Meadows. This includes backyard wood burning fireplaces and cooking pits.
- Burning is permitted ONLY on agriculturally zoned properties between March 1 to May 31st (for the spring season) and September 1 – November 30 (for the fall season).
- Only vegetative matter such as brush and tree or bush clippings from the property can be burned. No land clearing fires are permitted.
- You must call the Metro Vancouver Ventilation Index each day at 604.436.6777 of your permit to verify if burning is allowed
- Permits are $50 for a five consecutive day period and are available at City Hall or online at mypittmeadows.com
- Please contact the Fire Department at 604.465.2401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.